ST. LOUIS – The Concordance Academy of Leadership today announced the election of 31 members to its Board of Directors. Danny Ludeman, CEO and president of the Academy, made the announcement. The Academy, in partnership with the Concordance Institute for Advancing Social Justice, is a public, private and academic initiative focused on lowering incarceration rates in the country.
“This board is a group of some of the most esteemed and distinguished civic and business leaders in St. Louis, ranging from founders and CEOs of Fortune 500 companies to leaders of religious organizations. Their professional backgrounds and successes demonstrate innovation and vision,” said Ludeman. “More importantly, however, all of these individuals have the passion and commitment to make a significant impact in lowering re-incarceration rates in the region, affecting individuals, their families and the St Louis community as a whole.”
The following individuals have been appointed to the board:
- Bob Bauer, Retired; Former Board Member Project COPE
- Gary Dollar, Chief Administrative Officer, Concordance Academy of Leadership
- Sal Hernandez, Vice President of Compliance & Ethics, Enterprise Holdings
- Susan Huber, Vice President of Global Mission, Governance & Sponsor Relations, Ascension
- Tom Irwin, Executive Director, Civic Progress
- Diane Katzman, Owner, Diane Katzman Design
- David Kowach, President of Private Client Group, Wells Fargo Advisors
- Danny Ludeman, President & CEO, Concordance Academy of Leadership
- Steve Maritz, Chairman & CEO – Maritz Holdings, Inc.
- Rich McClure, Co-Chair, The Ferguson Commission; retired President & CEO, Unigroup
- Michael McMillan, President & CEO, Urban League of St. Louis
- Carrie Nelson, Principal, Ernst & Young
- Michael Niedorff, Chairman, President & CEO, Centene Corp
- Candace O’Connor, Writer; Former Board Member Project COPE
- Kathy Osborn, Executive Director, Regional Business Council
- Larry Otto, President, U.S. Bank
- Ron Kruszewski, Chairman & CEO, Stifel
- David Peacock, Chairman, Board of Directors, St. Louis Sports Commission
- Dr. Carrie Pettus-Davis, Director, Concordance Institute for Advancing Social Justice; Assistant Professor, George Warren Brown School of Social Work, Washington University (Ex-Officio Member)
- Joe Reagan, President & CEO, St. Louis Regional Chamber
- Reverend B.T. Rice, Pastor, New Horizon 7th Day Christian Church
- Rodger Riney, Founder & CEO, Scottrade
- John Robinson, Founder, Gateway Cremation and Funeral Services; Former Board Member Project COPE
- Danny Smith, Senior Vice President, Wells Fargo Advisors
- John Sondag, President, AT&T
- David Steward, Chairman, World Wide Technology
- Donald Suggs, Publisher & Executive Editor, St. Louis American
- Susan Talve, Founding Rabbi, Central Reform Congregation
- Jackie Yoon, President, St. Louis Market, Bank of America
- Caprina Wakefield, Director of Strategic Human Resource Operations & Compliance, RGA Reinsurance Company
- Craig Workman, Founder & President, The Workman Group
Ludeman noted the board also is expected to appoint six to eight additional members before the end of the year.
The Academy also recently named former United Way of Greater St. Louis CEO, Gary Dollar, as its Chief Administrative Officer. Dollar led the St. Louis chapter to become the fifth largest United Way in the United States, raising more than $1 billion and growing its annual revenue to more than $70 million.
ABOUT CONCORDANCE ACADEMY
Concordance Academy is a St. Louis-based nonprofit that offers the country’s first set of integrated, holistic and evidence-driven services to individuals returning to society from prison. Led by President and CEO Danny Ludeman, the organization assists participants in three primary areas: behavioral health and wellness; education and employment; and community and life skills. The Academy starts working with individuals six months prior to release and continues assisting for up to a year after their return to the community. The organization is committed to restoring individuals, rebuilding families, transforming communities and advancing the field of re-entry services. For more info, visit www.concordanceacademy.com.